Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Statiq!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2018-09-25_at_12.47.09_PM.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2018-09-25_at_12.47.09_PM.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 505

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
Some of mine have it and some don't.

I think this could be down to individual artwork or how the media entered the library. Some of my iTunes match stuff has white borders top and bottom instead of all way round.

Reactions: Viking23

commanderclif

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Florida
I'm having the same problem but haven't found a solution yet. I too am on a MacBook Pro (2013) and movies albums etc. anything in grid mode is putting this bad white border on the cover art and feather the edge. I wondered if deleting some cache file would help but a Reddit user said it didn't fix it.

Found where during the beta someone had this issue and between some toggling back and forth from light to dark mode, as well as some Logging Out of the user and display resolution adjustments it got fixed. My retina MacBook doesn't give me optional resolutions so womp womp trying that.

I'm glad to hear that this is NOT Apples preference to have the white borders. Figure that getting a fix to make it right is going to be easier then convincing Apple that the below looks like CRRRAAAAPPP.

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 9.18.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 9.18.48 AM.png

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I'm having the same problem but haven't found a solution yet. I too am on a MacBook Pro (2013) and movies albums etc. anything in grid mode is putting this bad white border on the cover art and feather the edge. I wondered if deleting some cache file would help but a Reddit user said it didn't fix it.

Found where during the beta someone had this issue and between some toggling back and forth from light to dark mode, as well as some Logging Out of the user and display resolution adjustments it got fixed. My retina MacBook doesn't give me optional resolutions so womp womp trying that.

I'm glad to hear that this is NOT Apples preference to have the white borders. Figure that getting a fix to make it right is going to be easier then convincing Apple that the below looks like CRRRAAAAPPP.

View attachment 789396

View attachment 789397

Change your color profile under system preferences - displays, that did the trick for me.

Reactions: commanderclif

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I don't see it in the Mojave Beta with iTunes 12.9.0.164.
However, album covers that are based on small images or the have a white frame on the cover itself do show up with a white frame.

commanderclif

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Florida
Change your color profile under system preferences - displays, that did the trick for me.

THANK YOU!! That indeed did fix it. I had sRGB IEC61966-2.1 set as my Display profile but switching to Color LCD fixed it without having to quit the app or even restart. THANKS!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.