Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RK80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
My problem is this: I forgot my password and got my new (never backup-ed or connected to computer) 2018 Ipad pro disabled and now I need to restore it via Itunes. The problem is my 2015 mbp doesn't recognize the ipad when plucked in. It does not show up in Itunes or open the restore window needed for restoring. Nor does it show up on my Mbp's USB tree (in system information).

I've tried connecting the Ipad to my mbp's usb-a port(s) with:
-original ipad cable & usb-c to usb-a converter plug
-usb-c to usb-a cable
-usb-c to usb-a converter (female) with usb-a cable
None of these work.

I don't have any security programs that could interfere and I can log in to Itunes normally.
Both my ipad and mbp have latest updates.

Basically, I can get to this recovery mode screen where I'm prompted to connect it to Itunes but not further to number 3.
Any tips, please? I don't have an Apple store near me.

1.png
Screen Shot 2.png

Secubia

macrumors member
May 4, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Try a different computer, Mac or PC doesn’t matter as long as it has iTunes. The iPad will likely connect just fine to your MBP once it’s restored. I’ve had the same issue with a lot of 2015 MacBooks at work. Never happens with any of the other models, just the 2015 MBA and MBP. It’s not the iPad, it’s something with the USB ports I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.