Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

E39SourceRyan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2016
Hudson, Ohio
I know, I'm old school. I still sync photos to my iPhone XS from my Photos library, via iTunes. How else would I get DSLR photos from my Mac to phone? In their proper album? There's no way that I know of. So in iTunes, I go to the iPhone screen, then the photos tab on the left, and check the 'sync photos' box. Then there is a drop-down, where iPhoto used to be an option when I used that. Now I want to use my Photos library, but that is not an option. I can't just browse to it and select it either, it's grayed out. And yes, my Photos library is the default system photo library. Any idea what the problem is?

I held command-option while double-clicking the Photos icon, and repaired the library. No change in iTunes. I created a new library and put one picture in it to test, and then it showed up in iTunes. Once I switched back to my regular 175GB library, it was gone again. :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 5.51.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 5.51.54 PM.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 182

E39SourceRyan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2016
Hudson, Ohio
iCloud photos was a joke the last time I used it. It just gave me one place with thousands of low resolution photos in it, in no order.

I want to be able to pick and choose which albums from the Photos app get synced.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
iPad pissed me off so much on this, that I bought an android device. They come with a usable file system, so you don't have to mess around with weird apps, and 1 pic at a time nonsense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.