Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I have my iTunes Library on my Mini at home and use my Air at work to "stream" my library. Meaning there is absolutely no music stored on the Air, and is purely streamed from iCloud.

My question is can I edit any of the info on an album from the Air, and will it sync to every device connected to my library?

Last edited:

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
I have my iTunes Library on my Mini at home and use my Air at work to "stream" my library. Meaning there is absolutely no music stored on the Air, and is purely streamed from iCloud.

My question is can I edit any of the info on an album from the Air, and will it sync to every device connected to my library?

I just tested this on my Air (same situation as yours, no music streaming only) and I was messing around with metadata and whatever I changed, changed on my local library at home. The only thing that I am having issues with not updating is artwork...regardless of what I do it never keeps the new artwork. But if you are just talking about cleaning up metadata (song names, titles, spelling, genre, years, etc.) all that stuff will work fine.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I just tested this on my Air (same situation as yours, no music streaming only) and I was messing around with metadata and whatever I changed, changed on my local library at home. The only thing that I am having issues with not updating is artwork...regardless of what I do it never keeps the new artwork. But if you are just talking about cleaning up metadata (song names, titles, spelling, genre, years, etc.) all that stuff will work fine.

Oh WOW! Thanks for trying this out! I was afraid it would mess some things up if I started messing with metadata. Yeah, I am still having some issues with the album artwork so I won't mess with that, but good to know I can fix some of the metadata that needs fixing.

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
Oh WOW! Thanks for trying this out! I was afraid it would mess some things up if I started messing with metadata. Yeah, I am still having some issues with the album artwork so I won't mess with that, but good to know I can fix some of the metadata that needs fixing.

No worries man, glad I could help. Have a great weekend!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.