Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tchoui

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2014
See other post, just uninstall everything included Apple support 32 and 64 bits to downgrade iTunes and jailbreak

Boogsephine

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Two questions:

1) Can I use Parallels (Windows XP) with iTunes and jailbreak? I was going to wait for the Mac version but figured I'd at least get the jailbreak done.. which leads to my second question.

2) Once they release the Tiag update so Cydia functions properly, what all will need to be done in order for everything to run the way it should? Will I have to restore + JB again?

Thanks!

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
This version doesnt work with my Windows 8.1.

Error 7 opening itunes. mediatoolbox.dll error

I had the same problem at first. What I did to fix the problem was copy all of the .dll files (make sure Hidden files are visible) from C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Roaming\TaiG\ItunesDLL to C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes. Make sure to skip copying over the files that already exist in the iTunes folder. After that is done, open up iTunes and make sure it opens completely with no errors. After that you should be able to proceed with the TaiG jailbreak tool (make sure you have version 2.0.0). It takes a few minutes to go through each step of the jailbreak process. It appears to stall at 20% and then 60% complete but it actually hasn't stalled, be patient.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I'm going to wait until Taig get this issue sorted.

Genuinely can not be bothered to uninstall iTunes. Install an earlier version then update yet again. iTunes is a chore at the best of time.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
I had the same problem at first. What I did to fix the problem was copy all of the .dll files (make sure Hidden files are visible) from C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Roaming\TaiG\ItunesDLL to C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes. Make sure to skip copying over the files that already exist in the iTunes folder. After that is done, open up iTunes and make sure it opens completely with no errors. After that you should be able to proceed with the TaiG jailbreak tool (make sure you have version 2.0.0). It takes a few minutes to go through each step of the jailbreak process. It appears to stall at 20% and then 60% complete but it actually hasn't stalled, be patient.

This did not work.

gr4z

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
England
Do not use this link - it has been clarified by TAIG that this is a test version and NOT the official version. That is coming in due course and will be available on their web site.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
When can we expect a new version of the JB? I haven't been able to JB with any of the iTunes versions mentioned here and in other forums... This is probably due to the fact that I'm on Windows 8.1 - anyone else have any luck with Windows 8.1?

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Just throwing this out there, it seems like people are still having trouble with iTunes 12.1.2, even the one for older video cards like the OP linked to. Looks like iTunes 12.0.1 is working pretty well with the TaiG jailbreak. You can download iTunes 12.0.1 from the link below. If you have a 32 bit computer, install the 32 bit version. If you have a 64 bit computer, install the 64 bit version. Also, be sure to watch the video linked below in order to keep your iTunes library in tact when downgrading from 12.1.2 to 12.0.1.

iTunes 12.0.1 link: https://ipsw.me/iTunes

Downgrading video link:

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
This version doesnt work with my Windows 8.1.

Error 7 opening itunes. mediatoolbox.dll error
My device is surface pro 3 running windows 10. 64bit.. I installed this iTunes 12.0.1 64bit version and I jailbreaked 3 devices without any error. Also to add. I installed the deb patch and all working now for me. Springtomize is not updated. This is nothing to do with taig. The developer of the app needs to update it

jungledas

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2015
Stuck at 30% a couple of times. Did as mentioned using itunes 12.0.1.
Using windows XP on a parallels virtual machine. Could that be the problem? Better using windows8?

Edit: I finally used Windows 8 on Parallels and it worked fine.

Last edited:

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Using windows XP on a parallels virtual machine. Could that be the problem? Better using windows8?

Not sure...I'm about to try TaiG 2.0 on Windows 7 (actual machine) with 12.0.1...I will let you know how it goes.

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2005

Wouldn't let me run the program on parallels virtual machine so I did it under bootcamp window XP SP3 and everything works out without any hitch.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
TaiG 2.0 on Windows 7 x64 with iTunes 12.0.1 errored out at first. Turns out that you have to leave iTunes open during the whole jailbreaking process. Worked fine once iTunes was opened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.