Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robmadden1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
Is anyone else having this issue with itunes freeezing after you click on the iphone/ipod icon in itunes?

antmit

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Is anyone else having this issue with itunes freeezing after you click on the iphone/ipod icon in itunes?

Yep, although it didn't happen as soon as I installed iOS 9.0b1. It was fine, but just recently it's started every time, including b2. In order to install the full download (didn't wait for the OTA as I wanted a clean install) I had to erase all content and settings before iTunes let me click the icon and choose the restore. I tried all the usual things like different user accounts and safe modes / new libraries etc, to no avail. Up to date version of iTunes, the only possible thing being the fact it's a beta iOS and a beta OS X (El Capitan).

Once I got my initial install and sync of all my apps, it's gone back to the same issue of crashing iTunes.

TefaTBob

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
Yep, same here, doesn't matter what computer I plug it into either, causes any iTunes to hang

TefaTBob

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
Someone mentioned this is fixed if you install the El Capitan beta. Installing tonight and testing.

TefaTBob

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
Oh Apple dev relations... in my bug report for this, they ask me to send them the stackshot logs....which require syncing with iTunes to get...o_O haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.