Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
Did anyone else use iTunes Match back in the day and still have issues with Apple Music when playing remastered albums? I constantly have missmatched sounding albums even when I play direct from Apple Music and not from my library. Like I want to hear the remastered version of an album, obviously, but it will somehow throw in tracks that aren't so one minute its playing a song thats all low and weak and the next song blasts on with power and loudness. Super annoying and dangerous when driving for anyone who likes their music loud.

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
is this still happening? I noticed at home a couple of times but I didn't realize it was because of these mismatches

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
is this still happening? I noticed at home a couple of times but I didn't realize it was because of these mismatches
I noticed it twice in the past week by checking out remasters of albums that came out after 2000 even. Somehow the 2023 remaster is still significantly more powerful still and it’s jarring. I wish they’d just eliminate the nonremastered copies so this never happened. The file names certainly don’t seem to matter at all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.