Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
I have thousands of songs in iTunes Match and many of them are greyed out, and when I tap on one of them an error message pops up stating the song is "This Song is not Currently Available in your Country or Region".

But the songs are available in the Australian iTunes store/Apple Music.

Did anyone deal with this before?

62287E5A-8BDD-4523-B718-4AAC8A220004.png

kastorff

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2006
I've run into this. It's especially upsetting when you own the CD, rip the CD, and upload the songs to Music for iTunes Match. I've got albums I own where ONE song is unavailable or Apple will substitute a live cut from a different album. I originally assumed it was a licensing issue with a particular music publisher, but the problem is becoming more frequent. I've even ripped a CD again, removed the album from Music, uploaded it, and gotten the unavailable message.

Reactions: Skeptical.me

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
I live in Thailand. I added a playlist from Apple Music called "Best Road Trip '60s Hits" which has Dustry Springfield's "Son of a Preacher Man". But I can't play it:

IMG_6101.png

But on the Dusty Springfield "Essentials" playlist, it's right there and playable:

IMG_6100.png

It's nuts. I contacted Apple Support about this some years ago and they had no clue. At that time it was Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" (yeah, I'm old). It was available on an Apple curated Christmas playlist, but not from a ripped CD that I own.

I gave up.

HypersonicXIV

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2006
I have had this happen too and it's really annoying. Several of my favourite songs from a particular artists turned grey with the same message. I actually contacted the artist directly as they had contact details and asked if the particular songs were only available in certain regions now for some reason. They said they shouldn't be limited to a region and they would check into it. I've not heard back from them since and the songs are still this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.