Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aasssos01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Hi everyone:)
i have a problem about iTunes Match and i hope someone can help me...

If i have a 320k song which cannot be matched to the iTunes Store, that means it should be uploaded to iCloud... Is it still 320k?

Moreover, if there is a 320k song which can be matched to the iTunes Store, will the song not be uploaded to iCloud? Is it 256k?

So, Does a 320k song which cannot be matched to the iTunes Store have a better quality than a song which can be matched to the iTunes Store?

I am sorry that English is not my first language and there may be some grammatical mistakes... and also please point my mistake i made if any... in order to learn englsih

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Match and iTunes uses AAC 256kbps. I think it will upload up to 320kbps MP3 if not Matched. Are your 320kbps songs MP3 or AAC? MP3 is lower quality at the same bitrate so 320kbps MP3 is about the same quality (or maybe a little lower) as 256kbps AAC song. AAC (aka: MP4) is a newer and more advanced codec than MP3.

aasssos01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Match and iTunes uses AAC 256kbps. I think it will upload up to 320kbps MP3 if not Matched. Are your 320kbps songs MP3 or AAC? MP3 is lower quality at the same bitrate so 320kbps MP3 is about the same quality (or maybe a little lower) as 256kbps AAC song. AAC (aka: MP4) is a newer and more advanced codec than MP3.

My songs are 320k mp3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.