Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danmart

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
At home I have been using a 2011 Mac Mini as my media server for years, with a LaCie RAID that holds all my media as I have 1.5TB of it... With Mojave my Mini is no longer upgradable so I have decided to permanently dock my 2015 MBP and use that as my media hub and home desktop (I have the iPad Pro meeting my mobile needs) instead.

After moving stuff off of my Mini HD I simply ejected the LaCie drive from the Mini and mounted it on my MBP. In iTunes I selected the iTunes Library on my LaCie drive, but iTunes isn’s seeing any of the content on it.

Any suggestions for how I get my MBP to see the media on the external drive properly?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
try option-clicking on the itunes icon when opening, and point it there to your library ("choose library)". maybe reboot. if your content is being pointed to, it should be accessible...

Reactions: danmart

danmart

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Option-click did the job, thanks for that! I had repointed in the iTunes Preferences but clearly that wasn't the way to get the job done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.