Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
So I own the Elementary Season 1 season pass. I got home today and I was going to watch the finale, so I wake my Apple TV up and do the normal procedure (TV shows>elementary) and I find the finale episode in the list. Except the problem is that it says that I don't own it (still has the 1.99 price tag)? I mean I know 1.99 isn't awful, but I kinda think I shouldn't have to pay it considering the terminology in iTunes says "You will receive all episodes in Season 1" (or something like that).

Is this just a glitch or does Apple have the ability to charge me even though I own the pass?

EDIT: Never mind I think I may have discovered the problem myself. I just noticed that the finale is only in SD right now and my pass is HD. Case closed...

EDIT2: Maybe not. So I switched it to SD and I could watch all of the other episodes in SD even though my pass is the HD one. I may end up having to email iTunes and ask them what's up. I'll update the thread with any more info.

EDIT3: I contacted Apple Support and they were very helpful. The person I was contacting with told me that they have had an issue with that particular episode. So I guess it was a glitch. Hopefully it's resolved soon. At least it wasn't some random small print that said I had to pay for it...

EDIT4: All good now.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.