Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Average Pro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Cali
I recently discovered there are songs on my iPhone that I have not downloaded (or had downloaded in the past). When I go to Library (on the iPhone) I can see the song is not downloaded. However, when I select Songs followed by Shuffle, there's approximately 5 songs that play in the rotation. I want to remove them from the rotation. Note: I am not connected to wifi when the songs play. And I have Music (under Cellular) turned off.

Any ideas on how to locate where these rogue songs are downloaded onto my iPhone?

iPhone 13 Pro
Ver: 15.6.1

clueless88

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2020
When you touch the ellipsis (…) to the right of the song there should be a drop down menu that should give you options that may help you remove the songs or delete them from playlist.

Average Pro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Cali
For a song, that has not been downloaded, the (...) provides the options of Delete from Library and directly below, Download.

For a downloaded sone, the (...) provides the option to Remove.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
There should also be Add to a Playlist.
Does this show remove from playlist.

I think by using shuffle it randomly selects songs.

Last edited:

Average Pro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2013
Cali
There should also be Add to a Playlist.
Does this show remove from playlist.

I think by using shuffle it randomly selects songs.
Yes there are additional options, such as Add to a Playlist, but I did not list them all as they are not relevant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.