Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pen expers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
When iTunes will support FLACs? Some other Apple applications like QuickTime have yet implemented. Any rumor?

clarkgoble

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2003
When iTunes will support FLACs? Some other Apple applications like QuickTime have yet implemented. Any rumor?

Try installing the FLAC plugin for Quicktime. I'm not sure if iTunes converted over entirely to the new audio stuff so that might work. It used to work I know. Although honestly it's easiest to just convert FLAC to Apple Lossless. You don't loose any quality.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Try installing the FLAC plugin for Quicktime. I'm not sure if iTunes converted over entirely to the new audio stuff so that might work. It used to work I know. Although honestly it's easiest to just convert FLAC to Apple Lossless. You don't loose any quality.
While it may be easy and you lose nothing in the sound quality department, it's still a huge inconvenience, and all because Apple is too stubborn to support a different format.

Reactions: arkitect
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.