Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
Helllo, all. I'm sitting here listening to some Brahms, and I put on the iTunes visualizer, but it doesn't look right. Visualizer seems designed for pop/rock/energetic tunes. I'm wondering if there's a similar program for OSX that produces more subtle, moody visuals, suitable for classical music? Heck, not even Tchaicovsky's slam-bang themes look right in visualizer...

Any ideas?

itmdramaguy

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2002
Hey, I tried the visualizer with a classical radio station and it looked weird. Then I changed the Equalizer from Pop to Classical and it looks a lot more "classical". I hope this helps. It looks better on my machine anyway.

68k_575

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2002
Try GForce. It's basically a souped-up version of the main iTunes visualizer, and allows you to compensate for a quiet file.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
wow i just tried this now and it's very clear. i think the reason is simply that the visuals are triggered by transients and most of the instruments in classical and orchestral music all have a slow attack. even a pizz or staccato string has a considerably longer attack than say a drum, or a plucked guitar. interesting to see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.