Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jack9034

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
I have a new laptop and I want to delete a profile off the iTunes Wifi Sync page in settings on my iPod touch. How do I do that?

Last edited:

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
I have a new laptop and I want to delete a profile off the iTunes Wifi Sync page in settings on my iPod touch. How do I do that?

That profile is the computer you sync your iPod with. You can't remove it. If you're moving your iTunes library to your new laptop, you can simply just plug your iPod into the new laptop and enable wifi sync again and the profile wil change to your new laptop.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
If you plug in your iDevice to a new computer and sync, it will wipe out all your information of the iDevice - at least that's my experience with my laptop (which is not the primary iTunes computer).

I have yet to understand how to move the primary iTunes account from one computer to another.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
If you plug in your iDevice to a new computer and sync, it will wipe out all your information of the iDevice - at least that's my experience with my laptop (which is not the primary iTunes computer).

I have yet to understand how to move the primary iTunes account from one computer to another.

Your problem is that you're trying to sync to another computer other than your primary iTunes library. You have to copy the entire contents of the iTunes folder to the same location on the new laptop. When you open itunes it looks inside of that folder for a xml file that contains all of your itunes data. Im not around my Mac right now so I can't tell you the exact location of that folder. A google search will help you though. It's easy.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
THANK YOU!!!! Great information in that link... it's a perma-bookmark on all my computers. Studied it and think I understand how to move music, etc. to a new computer. Haven't tried it as yet, but will shortly. Again, thank you!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.