Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
My advice:

If you want to listen to that station
and
If iTunes won't open it
and
If something else can open it (I just right clicked on it, chose "open in new window", and it opened and played)
then
...Use WHAT WORKS, and don't worry about iTunes.

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
My advice:

If you want to listen to that station
and
If iTunes won't open it
and
If something else can open it (I just right clicked on it, chose "open in new window", and it opened and played)
then
...Use WHAT WORKS, and don't worry about iTunes.

I need to use iTunes because I'm streaming to airport expresses around the house and using the remote app on the iPhone to control it.

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Some streaming formats aren’t iTunes friendly. Some internet stream hosts output multiple formats. Have you checked to see if there are alternate links?

Only link available. The radio station removed itself from normal internet radio station lists. It has a new dedicated app now.

The only reason I found the URL was that iOS 11 displays it in the music controls while using the app.

The app does not have a direct airplay button so older iOS device can't airplay (old iOS 6 iPod touch).

I'm just surprised VLC can handle it but itunes can't and wondered if somebody had a fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.