Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Error Type -43

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
I just switched to DSL service and have the DSL modem going to the Airport. My PB 1.25 and Dell PC desktop both connect to it wirelessly. Internet connection on both works fine but when I try going into the iTunes music store on my PB, it gives me an error message that I need to connect to a network (with an [error?] code 57 at the end). It worked fine when I was on dialup. What settings should I be using?

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Sounds like maybe a firewall issue to me.... or your DSL provider may block the port that iTunes uses? Maybe contact your DSL provider to see if they've had any similar complaints?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Here's how to check if it's a firewall issue on your pbook. Go to sytem preferences / sharing (in the internet & network section). Go to the Firewall tab. At the bottom of the list should be "ITunes Music Sharing (3689)" which should be checked. If it is not checked, try checking it; if it is ghosted, you need to click the lock at the bottom to authenticate and allow pref changes.

Anyway, as far as my firewall settings, the only ones I have clicked are that one and the BT phone one, so I think this is the only one you should need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.