Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johngarland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
Hello guys,

I am John Garland a new apple developer. I am planning on selling my newly made apps but I am very unfamiliar with the payment process. My apps are currently waiting for review.

For instance that I made an app sold how do I withdraw my earnings from the sale?

Is Paypal an option for payout?

If not what are the possible withdrawal methods?

How often can you withdraw your earning? (for instance every week or once a month)

Thank you guys!

John Garland :)

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F5153d Safari/6533.18.5)

When you sign up you give Apple your bank info. Once a month they deposit into that account, if you meet the minimum threshold.

johngarland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F5153d Safari/6533.18.5)

When you sign up you give Apple your bank info. Once a month they deposit into that account, if you meet the minimum threshold.

Thanks for the reply. How much is the minimum threshold?

Is there any other withdrawal option other than bank account?

87vert

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
If you close your account you are paid out for whatever is left below the $150 mark.

I think every now and then Apple may do a pay out for everyone to "clean up the books" I think they did one last Feb but it is not guaranteed every year.

johngarland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
Thanks for the assist guys!

I chose iOS Paid Application because I am going to sell my apps. It says it needs 24 hours to process my new contract. However there are still two buttons saying SETUP in my contracts page in itunesconnect and they are the contacts information and the tax information.

Is it important to fill up the contact info and tax info? I am not from US so I do not have US tax information. Will it affect me getting payment from my apps?

Last edited:

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Thanks for the assist guys!

I chose iOS Paid Application because I am going to sell my apps. It says it needs 24 hours to process my new contract. However there are still two buttons saying SETUP in my contracts page in itunesconnect and they are the contacts information and the tax information.

Is it important to fill up the contact info and tax info? I am not from US so I do not have US tax information. Will it affect me getting payment from my apps?

You can't even start selling apps in the App store, much less get paid, until the paid apps contract is processed and accepted. For a one-man shop, you can just duplicate your contact info for all the other contacts. Not sure if you need an EIN if you are a foreign national outside of the U.S.

You can withdraw money from your bank account after Apple transfers funds into it (when they are good and ready, but the contract says within 45 days after close of their fiscal month, assuming your sales meet one of the thresholds.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.