Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harkan13

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2017
Washington, DC
I'm on the IUP and am trading in my iPhone 7 via the mail in kit. Problem is the phone has a cracked screen. Do I need to have the screen repaired before I send it in or will they just charge me the $29 when they receive it?

I've looked in the support documents and everything is vague on this point.

revokin

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008
My wife found the following when she was viewing the FAQs when she checked her order status.

Attachments

• IMG_5263-1.jpeg
    IMG_5263-1.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 240

tonedef407

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
Yes, I have read from others that they will charge you if you send it in and it needs repairs. I thought about getting it fixed before I sent it in, because mine has a tiny crack on the corner. However, I had heard that some had sent theirs in with tiny cracks and Apple didn't charge them. Crossing my fingers that is what happens with mine, but I'm fine paying to fix it too.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
You have AppleCare+ and the terms you signed for the IUP has the details so get it fixed as required and then return it. Note if you get a replacement unit instead of a screen, make sure to keep the documentation.

Dave

harkan13

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2017
Washington, DC
Yeah I know it will be fixed with AC+. I was just thinking it avoids a step if i can send it in with the crack and they can charge me then rather than going to a store to get it fixed before sending it in. Either way, I know I have to pay the $29 fee. The documentation seems vague on whether you can send it in damaged and they'll charge you then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.