Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Could you give me Tim Cook's email address that you used? If that's what it takes I'll certainly go that route.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Well I went ahead and emailed Tim Cook and received call back from his office the next day and they are going to take care of it. And I'm reasonably sure if anyone can do it they can.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
After emailing Tim Cook and talking to an executive from his office, my iPhone that I am upgrading has been restored to eligibility after an error on the part of Apple had made it not eligible. The executive from Tim Cook's office was able to quickly change my phone to being eligible and I was able to successfully order my new phone.

David8

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Origae-6
I emailed Tim Cook on 9/18. On 9/20 I got an email and phone call from a person in Corporate Executive Relations. I was told the issue was in engineering, "we sincerely apology for the inconvenience", "thank you for your patience and cooperation".

Since then I have received 2 more emails, one on 9/22 and the last one on 9/27 telling me "We are continuing to monitor Engineering’s response and hope it gets resolved as soon as possible".

No further communications since Monday and my issue is still unresolved.

David8

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Origae-6
After emailing Tim Cook and talking to an executive from his office, my iPhone that I am upgrading has been restored to eligibility after an error on the part of Apple had made it not eligible. The executive from Tim Cook's office was able to quickly change my phone to being eligible and I was able to successfully order my new phone.
Could you PM me the contact info of the person you dealt with to get your issue resolved?

David8

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Origae-6
On 10/6, after 21 days, I received an email stating that engineering reported the issue was fixed. Soon afterwards I got a call to verify it was working on my end. The issue was resolved and I was able to order my new iPhone.

The delivery date is 11/5 to 11/12, I asked if this could be expedited due to the long wait in getting the problem resolved. I was advised it would be looked into and I would get a call back.

Today I got a call, my order was moved up from the 3rd upcoming shipment to the next shipment. I’ll get an updated delivery date in the next day or two. I was also offered a free phone case, I chose a leather MagSafe case.

Reactions: pdxa4

pdxa4

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Would it be possible to share it me the tim cook mail that you used, you can pm me. Thanks.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
David8,
I can't believe it but my trade-in was lost in shipping. This was what seems to be the typical situation with the empty box arriving. I've been following the thread about stolen trade-ins for a week. It just blows my mind that it happened to me. I was on the phone for hours today with Apple and FedEx. I also emailed Kori. I checked this evening and FedEx still shows an exception and could not deliver. Fortunately my Apple account and orders shows it as delivered and will be inspected within 24 hours. I'm pretty sure my ranting and raving brought about the move to delivered. It disgusts me that this can happen with such frequency Apple should really stop using FedEx.

David8

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Origae-6
Archrider,
Glad you got it resolved and know what you're dealing with, as I stated in the other thread, there is clearly a theft problem with the return phones.

calexandra

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2021
Hi, I dealt with this issue last year, now again this year. I was fortunate enough to speak with a senior advisor last year who resolved the issue. I wish I could say the same for this year. Not only does no one know how to resolve this, but I've also dealt with a rude advisor that didn't care at all to help.

Can you provide me with Tim Cook's email please? Thank you in advance.

David8

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Origae-6
Hi, I dealt with this issue last year, now again this year. I was fortunate enough to speak with a senior advisor last year who resolved the issue. I wish I could say the same for this year. Not only does no one know how to resolve this, but I've also dealt with a rude advisor that didn't care at all to help.

Can you provide me with Tim Cook's email please? Thank you in advance.
PM Sent.

David8

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Origae-6
My 13 Pro Max arrived yesterday evening, I am so glad to finally have this whole mess with the upgrade over with.

13PM-1.png
13PM-2.png

Reactions: pdxa4
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.