Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pippinsmom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
After I got my M1 MacBook Pro, I bought a less expensive dongle for connection to HDMI, USB's and ethernet. First of all it ran hot and with concern, I always unplugged it when I left my screen. Second, I didn't realize what I was missing with my screen resolution and display on my Ultragear monitor.

I finally got a proper dock for my system and chose the iVanky 12 in 2. What a difference!! It's barely warm to the touch, my mirrored screen is now doing edge to edge and the colors are now much more in line of what they should be. My Macbook seems to also be running smoother now as well because it's not constantly trying to adjust to the wrong resolution of my monitor which I could never get right with the dongle as it was very sub-par to what I needed.

I did do some research on this iVanky dock and while it's not the best on transfer speeds, it is a sure winner in other categories, although brick is very big with 180 watts of power output. I think it's a good alternative to the more expensive docks out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.