Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
iCube, a rubiks cube game, free, is a hack, when I tap on the menu icon it turn the brightness all the way down. Just sayin it's a hack, also it has tons f bugs, so don't get it

Zym

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
No I don't think it's a bug because I tap menu and it gets dimmer, the brightness goes down like in the flashlight it went up. So that's kind of a hack I guess.

Zym

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK
Well changing the brightness is technically an SDK violation, as that function isn't documented (although it's been known for ages).

However finding it isn't 'finding a hack'. It might conceivably be classed as finding an easter egg, but more likely just some test stuff that got left in.

nokq

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2003
iCube, a rubiks cube game, free, is a hack, when I tap on the menu icon it turn the brightness all the way down. Just sayin it's a hack, also it has tons f bugs, so don't get it

Zym

Hmm. As the developer of the application I can assure you there is no hacking going on. I'm not seeing that behavior on my phone myself. Also, its my first attempt at something on the iPhone or in Cocoa for that matter. Its going to have bugs, all I ask is that you email me with steps to reproduce them and I'll get around to fixing them in the next update.

Thanks,
Cesar

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.