Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

majorp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
UK !!!
Happily switched about a month ago, bought a mac mini and a nice new 20" cinema monitor (expensive i know but couldn't resist). So i sold mini a few days ago with all the rumours of a new one being released and then of course no mac mini. Oh well thats why its called a rumour right! So anyway what to do? I could sell my cinema, i don't think i would lose much as i got it with edu discount and its still got 11 months warranty and then i could buy an intel imac (not too keen on all in ones but its so much cheaper and better value than any other options............ isn't it?) please help i need a computer!

ortuno2k

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2005
Hollywood, FL
If you're still in time to return it, do so.
A 20" iMac is a much better purchase for almost the same kind of money you spent (maybe a bit more).

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
Go for the 20" iMac Core Duo. It's going to run great with that new chip. I wouldn't want that expensive of an LCD sitting around doing nothing.

ebook

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Sprint Car Capital of the World
Keep the display if you can! Because, if I understand things correctly, you can screen span with the new iMac onto that other display. Then, when you decided to get something else you just sell the iMac and keep the display to use.

Unless you can't afford to keep both ... that would be my problem if I was in your boat.

::drools:: mmmmm...20" iMac hooked up to 20" Apple Display ::drools::

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.