Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
So last night I took the bait and signed up for Apple One - Premium.

For $32.95/month I get Apple Music (I've been paying $10.99, it recently increased from $9.99), AppleTV+ (recently increased to $6.99, I had it for Free for a year or more), 2TB of storage (I've been paying $9.99), and new to me I get Apple Arcade (I'll probably rarely ever use), Apple News+ (I'll use this every day), and access to Apple Fitness+ (I may actually use this; we'll see). The first 30 days are free and then it bills on January 28th.

Anyway, for $32.95 (vs. ~$28 above without the extra stuff I didn't have) I think it's an OK deal. But my question is, do I need to now cancel my previous subscriptions to AppleMusic, AppleTV+, and to iCloud storage? Or will that happen automatically?

Everything bills to my AppleCard, so perhaps they just know what to do?

I searched the forum but couldn't find this subject.

Happy New Year y'alls!

Reactions: compwiz1202

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
So last night I took the bait and signed up for Apple One - Premium.

For $32.95/month I get Apple Music (I've been paying $10.99, it recently increased from $9.99), AppleTV+ (recently increased to $6.99, I had it for Free for a year or more), 2TB of storage (I've been paying $9.99), and new to me I get Apple Arcade (I'll probably rarely ever use), Apple News+ (I'll use this every day), and access to Apple Fitness+ (I may actually use this; we'll see). The first 30 days are free and then it bills on January 28th.

Anyway, for $32.95 (vs. ~$28 above without the extra stuff I didn't have) I think it's an OK deal. But my question is, do I need to now cancel my previous subscriptions to AppleMusic, AppleTV+, and to iCloud storage? Or will that happen automatically?

Everything bills to my AppleCard, so perhaps they just know what to do?

I searched the forum but couldn't find this subject.

Happy New Year y'alls!
I know the Music and TV will cancel auto, and I think they give you a partial credit for the rest of the month. There's some article somewhere about how the iCloud Storage works...

This is the part that applies for you:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is equal to your current plan​

During the free trial, you keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One. Once the trial is finished, your current iCloud+ plan is canceled. Your total iCloud storage will be the amount included in your Apple One subscription.

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
I know the Music and TV will cancel auto, and I think they give you a partial credit for the rest of the month. There's some article somewhere about how the iCloud Storage works...

This is the part that applies for you:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is equal to your current plan​

During the free trial, you keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One. Once the trial is finished, your current iCloud+ plan is canceled. Your total iCloud storage will be the amount included in your Apple One subscription.

Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: compwiz1202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.