Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sushilover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
I ordered the Quattro T-4 from Ivyskin on 12/3 after reading the initial reviews about this case. It had all the elements that I wanted, the faceplate that covers the phone, a sleak and not bulky exterior with a non-slippery grip.

I received the case via priority mail ($11 shipping) and was very excited about the case, it looked amazing in it's solid retail container. I was excited and put the iPhone into the case immediately and that was when i saw the rainbowing effect on the left side of the screen. It wasn't just a little bit as some have mentioned in the black corners of the phone but it covered the entire left side of the phone from top to bottom. I emailed customer service and they said that is unusual and i sent it back. I had to pay for the shipping to get it back to Ivyskin which costed me another $6.

The exchange process was smooth and i received the replacement case in the mail today but only to find this case has the rainbowing effect on the ENTIRE screen AND to top it off.. the case doesn't close tightly, it now has a gap where the bottom/back side meets the front side and allows dust to get in. I bit frustrated with the entire process. It's taken over 17 days now and i still have a case that doesn't feel like it's worth the cost.

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
I ordered the Quattro T-4 from Ivyskin on 12/3 after reading the initial reviews about this case. It had all the elements that I wanted, the faceplate that covers the phone, a sleak and not bulky exterior with a non-slippery grip.

I received the case via priority mail ($11 shipping) and was very excited about the case, it looked amazing in it's solid retail container. I was excited and put the iPhone into the case immediately and that was when i saw the rainbowing effect on the left side of the screen. It wasn't just a little bit as some have mentioned in the black corners of the phone but it covered the entire left side of the phone from top to bottom. I emailed customer service and they said that is unusual and i sent it back. I had to pay for the shipping to get it back to Ivyskin which costed me another $6.

The exchange process was smooth and i received the replacement case in the mail today but only to find this case has the rainbowing effect on the ENTIRE screen AND to top it off.. the case doesn't close tightly, it now has a gap where the bottom/back side meets the front side and allows dust to get in. I bit frustrated with the entire process. It's taken over 17 days now and i still have a case that doesn't feel like it's worth the cost.

I've had a similar experience. I have the rainbow effect on the top of my case but it doesn't bother me that much. What did bother me is the gap on the bottom, to the left of the dock connecter. I can see the phone through the gap where the top meets the bottom. In addition, the back piece does not secure properly and will come off when I pull it out of my pocket. I emailed customer service and they told me that the loose back was not a manufacturing defect. I beg to differ. I phoned the next day and they told me that the gap was a defect and I can pay for shipping to get a replacement. This I will do in the coming week.
My case is red if this makes any difference.

Mick

OrangeDog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Don't trust all the people posting and saying "Don't worry about the rainbow effect it's not really that bad" ........it's freakin' dreadfull!!!!!

These cases are poor quality - PERIOD!

Buyer Beware - If you purchase one of these you have a huge chance of buyer regret and disappointment is only a -

-Peeling case away
-Rainbow/oily look away
-Poor fitment away
-Loss of responsiveness away

If you love your iPhone and are finicky with what you "dress it up with" this case IS going to disappoint you like it did for me. There is no way I could live with the rainbow/oily look on the screen, I was gutted when I opened the box and installed it on my iPhone and then to see the rainbow/oily look on the glass. How does a company like Ivyskin think they are going to market a product that literally destroys the clarity of the iPhone's touch screen and people are going to be happy with their product?

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
The "rainbow effect" is called Newton Rings. This is common in plastic on glass. They do sell an anti-newton spray but high grade talc removes them too. I'm not sure I'd use that on my phone, but the problem is common.

OrangeDog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Dont know what the other person is talking about.

Maybe your eyesight isn't the best because it's and extremely common problem and one that's virtually impossible not to happen.

Sorry dude I've lost count of the amount of people that say they can see the oily/rainbow effect. Ivyskin even says it's there.

meedmee

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2009
this case is as good as it gets for the iPhone 3g protection

I dont know what the others are talking about, but I had this case for 5 months and just love it. See my other post for detail comments on this case. It's the only case that I found that actually complements the fine design of the 3G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.