Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Project

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
This is great news - Zoho have the best online office suite around. You can go to the site in Safari now to test it out.

home.jpg
docs.jpg
writer.jpg

…or should I say ‘Office for your iPhone‘. This is fun project going live in record time (thanks to our APIs and of course our team).
iZoho (no, its not an online desktop :) ) is an easier way to access your Zoho Apps on your Mobile…atleast, iPhone for now. Sure, you can use Zoho Apps in their current form on your iPhone, but there is lot of stuff you don’t need on your mobile phone. So we simplified the interface and just provided simple features you’d normally use on a mobile phone.

We have three applications available currently in iZoho - Zoho Writer, Sheet and Show which lets you view your documents, spreadsheets and presentations in Zoho. Currently you can view and edit your documents, but you cannot edit your spreadsheets and presentations (you can only view them). You can also create new documents and view your presentations in landscape mode. There will be more features coming as we move along.
Frankly, we don’t know how this will work on iPhone as we haven’t tested it. It certainly works well on Safari so we hope it’ll be a non-issue. In any case, we will be fine tuning this over the next few days.

As I mentioned earlier, a device with a big screen, built in Wi-Fi, good usability and a full fledged browser will only improve the chances of practically using web apps on a mobile device.
Do give it a try and let us know what you think (support at zoho.com). Below are some screenshots.

anodeyes

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2007
Great but...

I really dig Zoho. But what about iPhone's inability to copy/paste. Seems like this might be a significant limitation for using this type of application. Any chances that copy/paste will be enabled via software update?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I really dig Zoho. But what about iPhone's inability to copy/paste. Seems like this might be a significant limitation for using this type of application. Any chances that copy/paste will be enabled via software update?

looks like copy/paste is built right into the word processing web app...

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
Anybody used this on iPhone yet? I've got it loaded up on mine, but I can't enter any text. Same deal with Google Docs and Spreadsheets.
:confused:

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
Anybody used this on iPhone yet? I've got it loaded up on mine, but I can't enter any text. Same deal with Google Docs and Spreadsheets.
:confused:

Same here. Got an account with Zoho (already had Google) and none of the editors work. A bit of a let-down.

zoomjuice

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2007
Me three

Seems like a decent app, but if you can't input text... Kind of defeats the purpose

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.