Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viper777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
Hi everyone,

I got myself a new iphone se today. It came with ios 9.3.4 on it. I have been looking around online and can only find a semi JB for it. I went ahead and did this which was different to the way I used to normally jailbreak my previous iphone. I installed the jailbreak 9.3.4-9.3.5 from TaiG9. I am a bit unsure as to what this is, do I have to pay/donate to use it? Or do I have to pay to fully jailbreak it? Do I have to wait 30 days and then pay to fully jailbreak it?
This all new to me and I can't seem to find clear full answers online about this new jailbreak method.

Or do I just uninstall this jb and wait for a proper release for ios 10 or something from someone else?

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi everyone,

I got myself a new iphone se today. It came with ios 9.3.4 on it. I have been looking around online and can only find a semi JB for it. I went ahead and did this which was different to the way I used to normally jailbreak my previous iphone. I installed the jailbreak 9.3.4-9.3.5 from TaiG9. I am a bit unsure as to what this is, do I have to pay/donate to use it? Or do I have to pay to fully jailbreak it? Do I have to wait 30 days and then pay to fully jailbreak it?
This all new to me and I can't seem to find clear full answers online about this new jailbreak method.

Or do I just uninstall this jb and wait for a proper release for ios 10 or something from someone else?

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks
Let me guess: taig9 dot com right?

Here's the legit Taig website: http://www.taig.com/en/
You will note that Taig only has a jailbreak up to iOS 8.4. Taig NEVER released a jailbreak for any version of iOS 9.

Pangu is the team that jailbroke iOS 9.0 to 9.3.3

Their site is here: http://en.pangu.io/

Sorry OP, you've been had.

Reactions: Applejuiced

viper777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
it creates a new profile. I deleted it now.
Looks gone even the app.

Should I still do a factory erase/reset to be sure?

viper777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
I read up on this fake scam thing now. Luckily I'm okay. I never paid for anything as thats when I started to question it. I've removed the profile and the web app is gone.
[doublepost=1475374232][/doublepost]I'm still deciding if I should still do a factory erase on it or not?

Reactions: eyoungren

ag29

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
I read up on this fake scam thing now. Luckily I'm okay. I never paid for anything as thats when I started to question it. I've removed the profile and the web app is gone.
[doublepost=1475374232][/doublepost]I'm still deciding if I should still do a factory erase on it or not?

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/03/30/fake-ios-9-3-jailbreak/

No need to restore :) But it never hurts to
Don't worry you've gotten rid of it, you'll be fine.

Apple's security is very solid in the non-jailbroken state.. Had you already been jailbroken and then downloaded a shady app, it would of been a whole different story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.