Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kona61

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
Hey, I have a really big issue over here. I have a 6S that has been jailbroken for a while now on 9.3.3. However, just this morning after installing Activator and a few other and respring, the phone no longer showed any jailbreak tweaks. I then thought it was unusual so I reset the phone and used a backup to restore. My issue now is that the apps are still there even after the backup to an older restore. There seems to be no way for me to get rid of the apps and I have tried multiple ways. I'm starting to get worried that it may be impossible to get rid of these apps.

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Sounds like the tweak you installed rebooted your phone. The 9.3.3 is semi tethered..... Requiring you to re-run the JB app after rebooting to rejailbreak. You can't delete them because they're still there. Re jailbreak or restore are your options I believe.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You may have to set up as new to completely get rid of them. I've got two myself that have hung around since the iOS 7 jailbreak in my backups. I can actually delete them, but after a respring the icons come right back.

I've stuck them in a folder by themselves on my last springboard page.

Reactions: StarkCity

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
You may have to set up as new to completely get rid of them. I've got two myself that have hung around since the iOS 7 jailbreak in my backups. I can actually delete them, but after a respring the icons come right back.

I've stuck them in a folder by themselves on my last springboard page.

I think in this case ( 9.3.3 ) Activator rebooted his device when installing it and he just needed to re jailbreak it by using the Pangu app or how ever the process works ( you know I'm on 9.0.2 )

Reactions: eyoungren

kona61

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
O.K., so I have done all of the above and it is sadly still there, Cydia is having issues and cannot recognize /var/lib/dpkg/status so that is unavailable to uninstall, and I can't find the files in IFile. I also tried to respring it but that isn't working and I tried 3 times to do a full reset but the apps persist...

Oh, I should mention that the phone functions fine and the apps that are there still work. I can't get Cydia to function though.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I think in this case ( 9.3.3 ) Activator rebooted his device when installing it and he just needed to re jailbreak it by using the Pangu app or how ever the process works ( you know I'm on 9.0.2 )
Yeah, I suspect so.

I'm still on 9.0.2 as well. No worries about any of this Pangu app, rejailbreak stuff.

kona61

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
O.K., I decided to just give up on this particular jailbreak so I fixed this by going into DFU mode and resetting the entire phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.