Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ikyo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
I have talked to a couple of people and they both said the same thing. There is a bug with the new jailbreak that causes your wifi to lose the settings when it is rebooted. Mine loses it then or when it goes to extended sleep like over night. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

svega3

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2010
yeah, i lost my settings too after reboot. it never happened prior to jailbreaking.

Ikyo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Seems like a lot of people are having the problem. I am going to see if I can attempt to isolate the problem.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
I'm having the same issue as well. Is anyone having just a blank black screen for about 30 seconds after the apple tv comes on? Before the jailbreak it came on and went straight to the menu screen. I restored to stock software and it went away. Then, I jb again and the black screen came back so it's jb related IMO. Anyone else??

bmaltais

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2010
I am having the same problem too. Anyone know where the wifi setting should be stored to survive a reboot?

Ikyo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
There are a few reports of the stock ones having the issue, but it appears that all of the JB'ed ones are having it. I know Musclenerd is looking into it.

bmaltais

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2010
It is not, I got 3 and and the one with stock OS is having this issue. (one of the JBed is having it too, while the other one is fine)

Have you tried restoring the iOS on the units that exhibit the issue? Maybe a clean OS install will fix it. What I know for sure is that my stock iOS work fine and the JB one does not.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Have you tried restoring the iOS on the units that exhibit the issue? Maybe a clean OS install will fix it. What I know for sure is that my stock iOS work fine and the JB one does not.

Lol restore twice, never jb that unit. Still with the issue, it is an apple issue.

Ikyo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
On the factory iOS units displaying the issue, the suggestion was to restore the factory iOS through iTunes then go into the general menu and do a restore. Do not do an upgrade. People said the restore corrected the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.