Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
Do yourself a favor and wait. Your i-device is going to be unstable and it doesn't help that you will need to hook it up back to a computer every time it crashes or restarts.

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
Do yourself a favor and wait. Your i-device is going to be unstable and it doesn't help that you will need to hook it up back to a computer every time it crashes or restarts.

so far i haven't had any errors. i just use it for siri (iphone 4) and the other main reason people jailbreak.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hi,

I dont see any real issues with a tethered jailbreak if your wanting this before the un tethered version, and are willing to put up with the pitfalls as you describe in your reply.

Although i must concur that i prefer the un tethered version too.

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
there is not problem with a tethered version, just do not let your battery die completely and you will be fine. i used a tethered when ios 5 came out before there was an untethered out. never had a problem..

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
^ when in doubt, just wait for a reputable source. No sense in bricking a device just to have the latest and greatest. I like to treat my phone like a production machine...only upgrade it when the new version has been tested and vetted. I've followed that and haven't had any jailbreaking problems to speak of...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.