Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
I tried jail breaking my Apple TV 2 numerous times using the method found in this thread without any luck.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1305573/

Each time I try it Seas0nPass says its complete but when I reconnect the aTV to my system I don't get the temporary Firecore logo on the Settings app. To verify that it wasn't jailbroken I tried running the Nito Installer and it indeed says my unit is not jailbroken. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try? I don't remember what software version I had but then iTunes did a restore and I think it updated to the latest version that changed the Hulu GUI from a few days ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
After Seas0nPass is done building the custom ispw does your itunes open and does it start the restore of that custom ispw to you apple TV?
At some point that custom ispw does need to be restored on the apple tv.
Sound like the season pass script is not running/completing?

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
Yes, it opens iTunes and it does the restore. There have been a couple of times where iTunes said the restore failed but not always. Each time Seas0nPass says its complete though. I'm not sure what's wrong.

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Seas0nPass says its complete ALWAYS right after it starts its itunes restore script. but that does not mean the restore itself via itunes was complete or successful
Since you say itunes has said that your apple tv has been restore back to factory settings, then you have something else going on. Or has it not said that?

Try to do it manually, find the custom ipsw that seasonpass created, then press HOLD shift key in windows or HOLD option key in OSX, Then click the restore within itunes, direct itunes to that newly created custom ispw.

Be sure you enter DFU mode.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.