Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Electicdonut686

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2017
Hi,

Long story short I have had a iPad 2 for a long time and it was jailbroken back when 7.0.4 was the newest IOS, I tried resetting some of the settings and the Cydia application is not visible. it does still exist in the save data but I can't access it.

I have tried updating and restoring but keep getting the error 3149 message every time and other programs like tiny umbrella and such have not really been much help.

Any help would be appreciated and I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong section

Reactions: PJ. and StarkCity

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
If you've reset settings, attempted a restore and are still attempting to re-jailbreak it you can go ahead and quit stressing. You're stuck. No way to retrieve or rejailbreak. The only thing you can do with that is update it to the newest iOS version and use it as normal.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You never do an erase all on a JB device.
Hope you remember it for next time so you dont mess up again.
All you can do now is plug it to itunes and hit restore.
It will install the highest available stock ios version for your device.

Reactions: SSAJ

Electicdonut686

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2017
You never do an erase all on a JB device.
Hope you remember it for next time so you dont mess up again.
All you can do now is plug it to itunes and hit restore.
It will install the highest available stock ios version for your device.

Hi,

Iv tried updating do the newest iTunes several times but it keeps spitting back the same error message. Error 3149, iTunes usually gets about half way through a restore/ update as says this.

Any help would be appreciated.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hi,

Iv tried updating do the newest iTunes several times but it keeps spitting back the same error message. Error 3149, iTunes usually gets about half way through a restore/ update as says this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure your hosts file is NOT blocking gs.apple.com

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
You should have left it well enough alone and not touched it.

Now you will probably have to restore it on ios9...say goodbye to a smoothly running iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.