Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MauiGideon

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2008
As of now there is no jb for the ipad2 if you have any iOS above 4.3.3.

Hopefully there will be a jb soon for ios 5 though...

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
I hope there will be a jb soon for iOS 5. I'm just glad there is a jb for 4.3.3 so I can stay there for now and not update until the jb comes out for 5.0

andersonipad2

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Can't update to ios 5. Jailbreakme Jailbroken iPad 2

I have an ipad 2 that I jailbroke with jailbreak me running 4.3.3. I went to update to ios 5 and i get this error code:

"The iPad "Adam's iPad" could not be restored. An unkown error occured
(3194)."

Anybody else having this problem? What do I do?

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I hope there will be a jb soon for iOS 5. I'm just glad there is a jb for 4.3.3 so I can stay there for now and not update until the jb comes out for 5.0

just the opposite, if you have any good sense you would hope they won't release a JB for a couple of months until after Apple releases a fixpack. i'm sure ios5 bugs will turn up and it would counterproductive to waste a JB so early on.

one of the reasons why a JB'd ipad on 4.3.3 JB is so solid is because it came *after* apple added fixes to 4.3

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
just the opposite, if you have any good sense you would hope they won't release a JB for a couple of months until after Apple releases a fixpack. i'm sure ios5 bugs will turn up and it would counterproductive to waste a JB so early on.

one of the reasons why a JB'd ipad on 4.3.3 JB is so solid is because it came *after* apple added fixes to 4.3

Then apparently I have no sense. I would like to be jailbroken under 5.0 and not have to wait months to be able to check it out with my iPad. If I could downgrade my iOS on it, then I could wait for the jb. But because I can't downgrade, I hope it comes out soon. Of course, I admit I am a very impatient person.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
Then apparently I have no sense. I would like to be jailbroken under 5.0 and not have to wait months to be able to check it out with my iPad. If I could downgrade my iOS on it, then I could wait for the jb. But because I can't downgrade, I hope it comes out soon. Of course, I admit I am a very impatient person.

I am in the same boat, I don't have my SHSH saved for 4.3.3 so I can't downgrade from iOS5 if I decided to put it on. Just like you I am playing the waiting game before I update.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
I am in the same boat, I don't have my SHSH saved for 4.3.3 so I can't downgrade from iOS5 if I decided to put it on. Just like you I am playing the waiting game before I update.

I do have my SHSH saved for 4.3.3. But because my iPad 2 is a 3G model and not a WiFi only, I cannot downgrade the iOS with TinyUmbrella like I can with a WiFi only iPad 2 or my iPhone 4.

lamerica80

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Forgive my ignorance but is there any jailbreak for Ipad1 with os5? Teathered or not doesnt matter.

romeo22

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2010
I do have my SHSH saved for 4.3.3. But because my iPad 2 is a 3G model and not a WiFi only, I cannot downgrade the iOS with TinyUmbrella like I can with a WiFi only iPad 2 or my iPhone 4.

I'm confused, I have a iPad 2 running on 4.3.3, Cydia says I have 4.3.3 and 4.3.5 blobs saved, someone said I will not be able to downgrade if I upgrade to iOS 5? My iPad 2 is wi-fi only.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
I'm confused, I have a iPad 2 running on 4.3.3, Cydia says I have 4.3.3 and 4.3.5 blobs saved, someone said I will not be able to downgrade if I upgrade to iOS 5? My iPad 2 is wi-fi only.

As far as I know, that's true.. I heard a rumour that TSS server doesn't work once on iOS5 but I don't know for sure. Theoretically it should work just fine as long as your blobs are saved (which they are..)

I don't see why it wouldn't but make sure you do your homework first!

driverjoe27

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
Noob be gentle

Ok I want to jailbreak my ipad2. I'm not sure if I ever installed iOS5, but under version it says 4.3.5 so I don't think I did. Is that a correct assumption?

Also I see posts about saving blobs. What's that?

Thnx in advance

Joe

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Ok I want to jailbreak my ipad2. I'm not sure if I ever installed iOS5, but under version it says 4.3.5 so I don't think I did. Is that a correct assumption?

Also I see posts about saving blobs. What's that?

Thnx in advance

Joe

Joe. You won't have any blobs as apple stopped signing. You can't jailbreak on either 4.3.5 or iOS 5 at the moment. Hopefully something will come out soon enough, as i am too am waiting.

driverjoe27

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
That sucks, but thanks for the fast reply.

Hope they hurry though. I want to install an NES emulator.

Ahhhh the nostalgia of 8 bit graphics in video gaming. :)

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
That sucks, but thanks for the fast reply.

Hope they hurry though. I want to install an NES emulator.

Ahhhh the nostalgia of 8 bit graphics in video gaming. :)

no worries. i've got my iphone tethered jailbreak, however iPad 2 had 4.3.5 on (i upgraded, seeing as neither could be JB) so waiting with 5 is a PITA. :)

Bigmacduck

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2009
Is the Devteam Ultra Jailbreak that came out today for iOS 5 and iPad 2 for real?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
I'm buying an iPad 2 for Christmas - I assume it'll come with iOS 5 out of the box. Is there a way to downgrade the firmware so that it can be jailbroken? I'm not interested in 'unlocking'.....

Also I second driverjoe27's query - what are SHSH and blobs? Do these only matter to those wanting unlocks??

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
I'm buying an iPad 2 for Christmas - I assume it'll come with iOS 5 out of the box. Is there a way to downgrade the firmware so that it can be jailbroken? I'm not interested in 'unlocking'.....

Also I second driverjoe27's query - what are SHSH and blobs? Do these only matter to those wanting unlocks??

depending on when you buy it, it may have 5.1 by then. anyways, you can't downgrade 5.xx at the moment, i believe devteam is working on this with their next tool.

shsh blobs are a thing of a past, meaning they don't work with 5.xx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.