Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tezza2711

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2020
Cambridgeshire
Does anybody have the answer, I have an IPad Air 3 and have tried various ways to jailbreak it unsuccessfully. I installed Taigone but there is no jailbreak option. I installed AltStore to get UncOver 3.7.0B1 which is purportedly the version for A12 devices running 14 firmware. What I got was Unc0ver 3.5.1 A11 devices, which when I run it it says “unsupported device. Finally I have tried Zjailbreak, Zeno & Hexxa all of which tell me they cannot download to a PC, visit website from safari on an IOS device. Funny as I am on safari on my IPad. Is Unc0ver 3.7.0b1 actually out there yet, if so can you tell me where.

originaldotexe

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2020
Kentucky
i don't know if you just read it incorrectly or what but unc0ver 3.7.0b1 is a very old version, which supports ios 12.4, not 14.2. checkra1n is the only one i'm aware of that supports ios 14, but only on a11 and below as it uses a bootrom exploit which does not support the bootrom on those newer devices. as for the other jailbreaks you've listed, i've never heard of them, and the golden rule with jailbreaking is that if it's not being talked about on r/jailbreak or some other common forum, then it's probably fake. there are tons of scam jailbreaks out there that try to lure in newbies to the community, so i would watch out. you could get viruses on your device, or worse even get money stolen if you come across one of the ones that wants you to pay (jailbreaks are ALWAYS free, if it asks you for money then it's not legit)

PS. to stay up-to-date and know when an ios 14 jailbreak drops, subscribe to r/jailbreak (https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/) which is pretty much the #1 community page for ios jailbreaking and they will have a news post right at the top when it drops since all of the developers and other big names post their stuff on there.

Reactions: kretek
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.