Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emerson98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2023
Hello.

I've been an iOS user for a few good years, but I still hadn't known about the existence of jailbreaks for Apple devices, although I've already rooted an Android phone and liked the freedom it brought me.
The situation is as follows: I have an IPhone 6 at home with iOS 12.5.7 and I would like to use it for some activities, but for that I need to install apps from the Apple Store that are only compatible with iOS 15 and later. Is it possible to use the Jailbreak and after this unlocking install the version of iOS 15 or 16 on this IPhone 6 and download these apps from the Apple Store, installing them normally on my device as if it were an IPhone with iOS 15 or 16 from the factory?
Another question: I saw that some apps detect that the device is jailbroken and therefore you cannot use it even if you have the appropriate iOS version. That is true? If so, how can I find out before jailbreaking if these apps that I want to install on my iPhone suddenly block usage on jailbroken devices?

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my ignorance on the subject.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.