Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Guys, I have an iPhone 4 with an iOS 10 jailbreak. I use this phone these days only for TomTom. But something odd has happened to it. All of a sudden the photo on the lock screen changed itself! No one has touched or changed the picture, and one morning it just changed itself.

Also, it is now asking my for my Apple ID and sign in. I've put the password in on the iPhone 4, and I receive a authentication passcode on my iPhone 6 which is my Trusted Device, but there's nowhere for me to enter the passcode on the iPhone 4.

What has gone wrong with the photo changing? And is there a way for me to enter the passcode on the iPhone 4?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Guys, I have an iPhone 4 with an iOS 10 jailbreak. I use this phone these days only for TomTom. But something odd has happened to it. All of a sudden the photo on the lock screen changed itself! No one has touched or changed the picture, and one morning it just changed itself.

Also, it is now asking my for my Apple ID and sign in. I've put the password in on the iPhone 4, and I receive a authentication passcode on my iPhone 6 which is my Trusted Device, but there's nowhere for me to enter the passcode on the iPhone 4.

What has gone wrong with the photo changing? And is there a way for me to enter the passcode on the iPhone 4?
You are so right. That's very weird. First your iPhone is running a version of iOS three versions higher than what it can run and then the wallpaper thing.

But seriously, check your Apple ID and change the password. Someone may have gotten access.

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Whoops! Sorry guys. You're both correct. I got my iPhone 6 and iPhone 4 jailbreaks mixed up! Old age has set in :(

Anyway, the iPhone 4 was definitely jailbroken on iOS 6 (I think). But that jailbreak has now disappeared and like I said above, the lock screen pic has changed.

I did try to enter the password but it asks me for a verification code, but dent give me anywhere to enter it. Any ideas what I can do? (other than bin the old thing!!)

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Whoops! Sorry guys. You're both correct. I got my iPhone 6 and iPhone 4 jailbreaks mixed up! Old age has set in :(

Anyway, the iPhone 4 was definitely jailbroken on iOS 6 (I think). But that jailbreak has now disappeared and like I said above, the lock screen pic has changed.

I did try to enter the password but it asks me for a verification code, but dent give me anywhere to enter it. Any ideas what I can do? (other than bin the old thing!!)
With older versions of iOS, the way to use the code is to enter it right after the password.

Assuming the following, password: ABC and Apple code 123. In the password box you would enter: ABC123.

You only have to (or should only have to) do that once. Afterwords, if asked for your password again you only have to enter the normal password.

Reactions: scouser75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.