Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dndlnx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
I have this iPhone only app that I used to install and run on my iPad no prob. It's installed right now. But it has stopped showing up in the App Store. I'm not sure what the point of that drop down menu to filter iPhone specific apps is.

I currently have a loophole to get it on there, but I can't count on that to be around forever. Can jailbreaking be used as a means to get official iPhone apps on an iPad? This is an app provided free of charge.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Can jailbreaking be used as a means to get official iPhone apps on an iPad? This is an app provided free of charge.
Probably. But I wouldn't have directions for you on how to do that.

Have you tried scrolling through your purchase history?

Once you've downloaded something (even once) it remains available for you to download again, even if it's removed from the App store.

I have at least two iOS 6 apps that were removed at one point that are still available to me.

dndlnx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
I was having trouble finding that menu this morning. Where each app listed has a button that says "OPEN" or lets you download. All I could find was some purchase history in Settings which didn't help much. I found it just now though, you have to hit your profile picture in the App Store.

I should be OK then? I mean all that stuff is linked to my Apple ID and stays there indefinitely, right? I don't need to worry?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.