Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thekb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2010
First time jailbreaker ...

Following the instructions on the Redmond Pie website for my 3rd gen ipod touch and got to the part where I need to browse for my IPSW.

I DL'd "iPhone3,1_4.3.2_8H7.bundle" and put it in the Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ directory in the Pwnage Tool package.

I DL'd the file "ipod3,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw" and placed on my desktop, but Pwnage Tool keeps giving the "Wrong firmware bundle selected" error.

Not sure where I am going wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I DL'd "iPhone3,1_4.3.2_8H7.bundle" and put it in the Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/ directory in the Pwnage Tool package.

I DL'd the file "iPod3,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw" and placed on my desktop, but Pwnage Tool keeps giving the "Wrong firmware bundle selected" error.

The problem is bolded above.

thekb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2010
Yes! I see that is a problem now ... thanks, Intell.

But, on the Redmond Pie website, that was the file linked to in Step 1. So how do I find the correct bundle? I am unable to locate it on their site.

Thanks!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Sometimes the unofficial jailbreak bundles for some iDevices don't exist. You'll most likely have to wait until the official jailbreak is released sometime in the coming weeks.

thekb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2010
Thanks Intell... I will keep checking for the appropriate bundle to be released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.