Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rezpower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
I want to jailbreak an iPad 3rd Gen MD328LL/A that belong to a senior lady to help her be able to continue using her iPad. The ONLY thing this lady does is watching YouTube cooking channels, and Facebook app and using the e-mail app that is already working with no problems.
Unfortunately she can no longer use Youtube as the Youtube application can no longer be updated on her device (Device is too old).
What I need to know is if by jailbreaking the ipad I can allow her to have an updated version of the Youtube application or get an unofficial version of a working Youtube app from cydia?
Also with Phoenix Semi-untethered jailbreak, will she be able to use and restart her device later without my assistance.
What's your advice? how can we give her back Youtube?

ps. It would be really nice if you help me with this as I am trying to help someone and don't want to mess it up :)

rezpower

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks for your reply MBAir2010. Yes in fact youtube works in safari. But it's strangely extremely slow!
Every time Youtube asks to accept or set cookies etc... As I said the ipdad belong to an old lady and I'm
just trying to help her get it to work. But if there is no way to get this work more smoothly I guess I should
ask around me and see if I can find a nice soul to help me get her something newer. (second hand maybe)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.