Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AshCharon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
I used GUI TouchFree on the Solvix's site.

Installer.app takes 4-5minutes to refresh sources if at all

Browsing safari is slow if it works at all.

Also when the ipod is on and trying to surf the net, use youtube.com etc, my ibook on the same airport express internet connection slows down or dies completely (the internet dies I mean).

Why is my ipod killing my internet connection at home???

Xai

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
I am sort of having the same problem....I think its either two things...either you have your iPod to not ask for connections so it automatically connects to whatever connections it already has or something got messed up during the jailbreak. I think internet security also has something to do with it. I wish i knew more about wireless networking, I just started learning it all.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
did you sym link anything?

also, i moved my native ipod apps (iphone as well) away from the same folder as the other applications

Arisian

Xai

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
I just had everything SSH'd through Cute FTP 8...but i was only able to connect about 4 times and now I cant

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
I just had everything SSH'd through Cute FTP 8...but i was only able to connect about 4 times and now I cant

if you are on a mac, you need to be able to view all the contents of every folder, good the command for this, then you need to go to

/YOURUSERID/.ssh/known_hosts

when you are there, just for now, change the name of known_hosts to something else, i did known_hosts_bkup

save this, then try to reconnect

Arisian
EDIT: I see now you are on a windows machine... sad

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
well, its standard if the key is different on the same ip address for 4 times to make the ssh stop working. You can see the error if you are using terminal...

I would suggest getting putty and seeing if you can ssh in, it should also give you the exact error..

I would good ssh known_hosts on google in windows

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Just do a restore and jailbreak again. If this wasent happening before the jailbreak then this is a firmware issue and that will fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.