Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starwarsboy95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Well, I have an iPod touch 4th Gen, jailbroken on Green Pois0n, and I'm having a few problems. I am having trouble using the sinfuliphone source. It keeps showing a notice- "HTTP//1.01 404 Not Found." how can I fix that? Also I keep getting a notice on Installous "Invalid IPA adress". I can't get anything, as hard as I try. I think that this is from not being able to get appsync from sinfuliphone. At the same time my app store keeps crashing right before I download somthing, and I can't get things off of my computer. Please let me know if there is anything you can do to help me. It worked at first, but somthing happened, and my installous and sinful iPhone are screwed up.

And on a slightly different topic, I have 3 friends that want me to jailbreak their iPods. 2 4th gens, 1 3rd. I have tried to jailbreak them on green pois0n, and the 4th gens got jailbroken, but the loader icon is ineffective, and crashes the instant I touch the icon. The 3rd Gen didn't even make it through the jailbreaking process because it couldn't find somthing. (appleprocessing or somthing like that) I already jailbroke a different friend's (2gen) iPod touch and my own (4th gen 8GB) successfully on the exact same Green Pois0n program. Please let me know what I need to do to jailbreak these.

Please don't post anything that is irrelevant, immoral, or anything like 'oh I have that problem too!' they aren't helpful and just make it harder to find real answers.

Any help on either of these topics would be great. Thanks in advance!!!

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Nobody here is going to help you fix a cracked app repo. When you pay for the apps, there are typically less issues ;)

starwarsboy95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
First off that isn't helpful...

Second off I would if MY APP STORE WORKED!!! that's all I want fixed! Installous if you know how, but at least the app store?

starwarsboy95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
I would rather not restore. I enjoy the tweaks I can get from cydia. Restoring would mean I would have to upgrade. I don't care if I have to delete installous or sinful iPhone (although I'd rather not) but how can I fix the app store? And does anyone have tips on the jailbreaking problem?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Restore and rejailbreak. It'll fix your problems. And don't use Installious or cracked apps.

starwarsboy95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
All right. But before I try that, does anyone have iFile on their iPod/phone? I think I accidently deleted a folder in it. Will you hit the home icon at the bottom of the screen (in iFile) and tell me what folders are in that page? Thanks in advance!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You should see Applications, Documents (maybe), Library, and Media. Those are part of the default iOS filesystem.

starwarsboy95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
All right, I see those. Do you know a website that has all of the information about what I should have and where? It would be asking too much of you Intell to find all of the directories on your own device. I think that I deleted a small folder (probably one that looked like it wasn't even 1 byte) in either / var or /var/mobile/media or /var/mobile/system. If you know where I can find somthing with all of the files I need for my iPod to work, please let me know. Thank you for helping me Intell!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.