Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Ok, simple question here guys, I jailbroke my touch, had it for like a day, jailbroken, then erased all content and settings before doing a full restore to 1.1.1 through iTunes. It was successful. Back to good ol' 'limited' UI.

My question is, If apple were to release 1.1.2 (or the sort) - I'd be able to update as normal, without the fear of 'ibricking' right? - I hope so, I went to special effort to completelt re-trace my steps, and delete every trace of the previous jailbreak.

I just have to say, I saw what the iPod Touch was really capable of with the jailbreak, and there's one word. Wow. The iPhone apps were something else.

Thanks in advance for any responce.
R-Fly

JohnR

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Why did you restore it if it was so Wow?

I picked up the 8GB Touch today and I think I want to jailbreak it, but I want to read up if anyone is having problems with crashing or whatever.

Brian513A

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
Why did you restore it if it was so Wow?

I picked up the 8GB Touch today and I think I want to jailbreak it, but I want to read up if anyone is having problems with crashing or whatever.

honestly, i think it's a waste of time. (i am so going to get beaten up for saying this...). i jailbroke my ipod, no problems whatsoever. but the extra apps? really nothing spectacular. especially when you have to get in there and type in all the command lines and such. i have pigshooter and sudoku on my ipod now. whoopdeedoo. i will most likely never use them. i use my ipod(s) for music purposes. not games. so it's really up to you. there's my two cents. i don't think it's worth it. so unless i completely missed some way to do all these extra things, i'd say just use your ipod the way it comes out of the box. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.