Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emulajavi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Hi,

I had free AppleTV+ trial extended until July (from the initial 2019-2020 one).

On March 3rd, I subscribed to Apple One but I haven’t received any monthly 4.99 credit since then.

I’ve contacted Apple phone support and they’ve told me that I had to subscribe to Apple One before January 15th to be able to receive the 4.99 store credit…

Is that possible? Or it doesn’t matter the date?

thanks.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hi,

I had free AppleTV+ trial extended until July (from the initial 2019-2020 one).

On March 3rd, I subscribed to Apple One but I haven’t received any monthly 4.99 credit since then.

I’ve contacted Apple phone support and they’ve told me that I had to subscribe to Apple One before January 15th to be able to receive the 4.99 store credit…

Is that possible? Or it doesn’t matter the date?

thanks.

No one has experienced this issue? Thx

I'd say that Apple is pretty much the authority on this...

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
Apple services are a bit different than other services out there... they literally do stop your service the moment you hit cancel. In your case, it looks like your Apple One service took precedence over your 1 year free AppleTV+ and whatever promotion that was in effect for Apple One at the time.

Look on the bright side, everyone's free ride to AppleTV+ is ending soon. Apple will finally get a true picture of how many subscribers it really has... once the service starts charging people real money.

One2Grift

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2021
Apple One Basic services if Individually bought: 10$ Apple Music, 5$ Apple TV+, 5$ Apple Arcade, 1$ ICloud 50gb. Total of 21$

But you bought these services as one in the Apple One Package at total of 15$

Apple then kicks you back 5$ Per month for the duration of your ATV+ trial, moving Apple one cost down to 10$ during the trial?
I think you’re on the dark side of Pluto if you think Apple will do that. But if you pull that off you’ll have my thanks. I’ll definitely be in too. I have many months left for my ATV+ trial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.