Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fixie rider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
I posted this in iPhone Programming section, but maybe it should go here.

None of my descriptions have showed up in the Japan store in Japanese from what I can tell from my iTunes. Does anyone else have this problem? Do I just have a problem viewing them from my iTunes (I'm in US)? I can see others' descriptions in Japanese, but mine are still in English. All of my other localizations work fine. Anyone get it to work fine?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.1 PWNed): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

fixie rider said:
App name? I have a Japanese iTMS account, I can check it out for you ...

The company name is Mendoho, a few apps. Much appreciated. =)

Well, I'm on the train now - I'll check it out when I get home (if one of the other Japan people on the boards hasn't done so already) :)

TripleJ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
I had a look as well and they all show up in english on the Japanese store for me too. I'm going to add a Japanese translation to mine as well, sometime tomorrow, so I will let you know if I run into the same problem :)

mrbass

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2008
You don't need an account to get on to Japan Appstore. Basically go to yahoo japan, click music then click any music and voila. Or just click Change to Japan App Store for those who can't do above. Click Home Icon then App Store link. To return to US store just log back into your account. You can see your app reviews, top 100, etc.

Easy to create an account without credit card or itunes japan gift card. Just create an account with real city and zip code, fake everything else (name, etc.) and your golden. Useful to download some free Japan only app store apps.

Ones I like are (don't click till after you have changed store to Japan) Yahoo Maps 地図 Yahoo Maps, Yahoo Movies 英語
Mixi one sucks, Hot Pepper ハットペッパー is what Urbanspoon should aspire to be like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.