Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Makes sense. I wonder at what point the Face ID components become cheap enough for the Air. Are there many customers buy the Pro over the Air specifically because it has Face ID?

Well this time around, that’s really my main reason. I wanted landscape camera, and would be happy to stick with Air, except I miss having Face ID. I think it’ll be even better and more accurate with the landscape camera. The spec bumps are a plus, and I probably wouldn’t do it if there was nothing else differentiating the two, but with the display, speakers, storage, etc., it made sense.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
I agree to some extent, but I doubt adding ProMotion to the Air is going to cannibalize Pro sales.

The Pro has OLED and a very bright display of 1600 nits. Air is stuck with LCD and only up to 600 nits. That's already good enough to seperate from the Air.
Well according to many reports, the iPhone 17 will have 120 hz Promotion screens from the Pro models, so i can imagine the next iPad Air will also get the same. Its ridiculous i know, Apple backed themselves into a corner by having fixed 60 hz OR 120 hz adaptive (Promotion) screens, with nothing in between. The Midrange iphone/ipad models should have had 90 hz screens years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.