Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

endoscient

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
I am make a Cocoa app in XCode with java. I have a controller class that I defined in Interface Builder. And I have an object that I created. How can I have the controller be able to access the methods of an instance of my object. And likewise have the object access some of the methods in the controller class

logicat2001

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
endoscient said:
I am make a Cocoa app in XCode with java. I have a controller class that I defined in Interface Builder. And I have an object that I created. How can I have the controller be able to access the methods of an instance of my object. And likewise have the object access some of the methods in the controller class
Try this: http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/JavaTutorial/index.html

Note: you might want to learn Obj-C, as Cocoa is implemented in C/Obj-C, not Java. You'll find it to be much more elegant, IMHO. Also, Apple has stated that they will no longer keep the Java/Cocoa bridge up-to-date as Cocoa continues to develop, i.e. whatever Cocoa functionality is available today is it.

Best,
Logicat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.