Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Hey, if you have IE for the Mac (5.2.3 on OS X), please go to the following page:

http://www.huchthausen.com/temporary.htm

and let me know if you see white text in the black space in the middle of the screen... I think this WAS working before, but for some reason it isn't now on my Mac mini. I'm trying to figure out if there's a code issue or if there's something wrong on my Mac.

This works fine in Safari and in IE for Windows, it's only an issue in IE for the Mac. Yes, I know IE for the Mac sucks... but I need to figure out what's going on.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: OK, I figured it out by myself... it APPEARS that IE 5.2.3 for Mac OS X does not like it if you put comment tags, like this:

<!-- Web site design by Clay Johanson -- clayj@clayj.com>
in a page that also contains JavaScript. If you do this, the JavaScript will not work. Period. Or at least, that's what my testing indicates.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
I think you've hit the nail on the head. I tried your version of the comment, and it works just fine. The missing "--" before the closing ">" must have been the problem.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.