Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

altivec 2003

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2003
Texas
I wrote an itunes-themed site about a year ago (www.jpanetta.tk) and it has worked OKAY ever since. Until I switched to my laptop and installed Safari 1.3, that is. For some reason, none of the javascript that handles selecting links appears to work anymore. Now, the laptop isn't technically supported by Mac OS X, so that could be an issue. I know the site works in Internet Explorer (shudder) on PC and Mac, so I have no clue what could be wrong here. Does anybody else have trouble?
I've started on a new, php site with the same basic (but optimized and tiger-esque this time!) design. The in-construction version can be found here, and it uses the same javascript code with the same weird error.
Help!!! :)
-Julian
Edit: Apparently I'm not as grammatically correct at 1:40 in the morning as I originally thought...

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Can you be more specific with the problem? What links? What's your javascript code in question? How are you calling it? Have you made any test cases on a stripped-down page with just some basic html and the javascript you are using? Have you tried using Firefox with the web developer extension to show you the javascript errors?

altivec 2003

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2003
Texas
mnkeybsness said:
Can you be more specific with the problem? What links? What's your javascript code in question? How are you calling it? Have you made any test cases on a stripped-down page with just some basic html and the javascript you are using? Have you tried using Firefox with the web developer extension to show you the javascript errors?

Ok, the code that is not working in my version of safari deals with highlighting the link you select in the "links" section (that should look like iTunes' source selection area). Currently, on my computer's safari 1.3, a link does not highlight when it is clicked, and the title image does not change to reflect the new link (for example, it doesn't change from showing <news.php> to <blog.php>). The link, however, loads fine.

I hope that is a little clearer. The javascript is called with an "onclick=" option on the <a> tag. I have tried the code on a stripped-down page, and it has the same problem. I have not tried it with Firefox, because I unfortunately do not have firefox (I am on dialup and refrain from downloading something large unless I absolutely, absolutely need it).

I have not changed the page at all since it was working perfectly with Safari on my G4, so I wanted to know if it still works for you guys on supported computers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.