Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harpatwal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2010
Hi all,

I have 2x Apple TV 2.
One is on FW 4.3, the other on 5.0.2.
They have never been JB, and so I am looking at doing this now.

Could someone please provide some clarity into the process, I ask as I figure Apple no longer signs the FW that I am on for both, so is it still possible to JB with seas0npass?

Lets say that it is possible, is it then possible to update to 5.3 jb? Thanks all

harpatwal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2010
Ive seen the guide, however was unsure how it works, as the guide states it will download the latest version of fw.. however both of my Apple TV 2's are not the latest version

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
Ive seen the guide, however was unsure how it works, as the guide states it will download the latest version of fw.. however both of my Apple TV 2's are not the latest version

It automatically updates to the latest jailbreakable FW which is 5.3

harpatwal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2010
So managed to JB them both. Perfect!

Only thing I couldnt do is saved the blobs for them now that they are at 5.3

Carman here

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2014
Apple TV will not J/B, pls help

New here. I like the site and the forum's. A lot of very good help. I have been trying to J/B my Apple TV without any success. From the sites that I have been to, following the instructions but my PC Does not see or read my Apple TV. I have tried using a Windows and my Mac.
I hook up using the micro USB and power when suggest. Still does not pick up my Apple Tv. I hope someone can help me. Anything that you suggest that might be real tech, pls try to give me a step by step inst.
Thanks

Carmanhere

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
New here. I like the site and the forum's. A lot of very good help. I have been trying to J/B my Apple TV without any success. From the sites that I have been to, following the instructions but my PC Does not see or read my Apple TV. I have tried using a Windows and my Mac.
I hook up using the micro USB and power when suggest. Still does not pick up my Apple Tv. I hope someone can help me. Anything that you suggest that might be real tech, pls try to give me a step by step inst.
Thanks

Carmanhere

Do you have AppleTV 1 or 2 ?
There is no jailbreak for AppleTV 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.