Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Afternoon all, hope your Sunday is good. My JB got a bit broken, probably some I did wrong, but it kept on rebooting and loosing the JB but I couldn't delete the rouge tweak. Anyway I restored to 9.3.3 and was wondering, I downloaded all my paid tweaks but going into manage account on Cydia but it doesn't list my free tweaks. Is there anywhere I can do this on or can you download a back up which restores every tweak?

PJ

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
There are several backup tweaks in Cydia. The one I use is PKGBackup, which is $9.99. It will backup everything, including all your data and App store apps, voicemail, email, messages, etc.

You can choose to save your installed tweaks as DEB files, which you can then install individually through iFile if you like.

Other backup apps do similar, but most of the ones's in Cydia, including the free ones simply provide you with a list of your previously installed tweaks - so you can manually find them and install them again.

AppInfo can provide you with a list of your installed tweaks which you can email to yourself. Lots of people also screenshot Cydia's installed tweaks before a restore as well.

It's just a matter of how you prefer to do this and your budget.

Reactions: PJ.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
There are several backup tweaks in Cydia. The one I use is PKGBackup, which is $9.99. It will backup everything, including all your data and App store apps, voicemail, email, messages, etc.

You can choose to save your installed tweaks as DEB files, which you can then install individually through iFile if you like.

Other backup apps do similar, but most of the ones's in Cydia, including the free ones simply provide you with a list of your previously installed tweaks - so you can manually find them and install them again.

AppInfo can provide you with a list of your installed tweaks which you can email to yourself. Lots of people also screenshot Cydia's installed tweaks before a restore as well.

It's just a matter of how you prefer to do this and your budget.

Nice one. Thanks for taking the time to type all that. I think I might for for the one for 10 bucks. Thanks again. That was really helpful.

PJ

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Nice one. Thanks for taking the time to type all that. I think I might for for the one for 10 bucks. Thanks again. That was really helpful.

PJ
If you buy PKGBackup, just understand two things.

1) They advertise a 'scheduled' backup. The dev's definition of a scheduled backup is generally NOT what you might think it is. Way back when, I bought the app based on what I THOUGHT that meant, which was that the app would do routine scheduled backups. This is NOT the case. What the dev means by this is that the app can set reminders in the Calendar app to remind YOU, THE USER, to OPEN the app and MANUALLY backup!

Not the same! ;)

2) Despite WHAT you back up, the app will always retore the NEWEST version of a tweak or app! This can be a problem if you're on an older jailbreak and everything that is being restored breaks things. Backing up as DEB files is probably the better option, but I suspect PKGBacup ignores that and downloads the latest version anyway.

Because of those two things, I've pretty much stopped using the app myself. But if you plan to stay current, then it's great for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.